Hey guys! How did go your experience with previous tips? I hope you enjoyed it. Let’s go for new Instagram hacks and tips.
#11: Share a Sneak Peak of Your Instagram Story
If you’d like to entice your audience and share just a tiny highlight of your Instagram story, this hack could come in handy.
Here’s how to flood your screen with a solid colour, and then erase some of that colour for your big reveal!
• Open Instagram Stories and take a photo
• Tap the pen icon in the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select a color
• Next, tap and hold on the screen for 1-3 seconds until the screen is filled with a solid color
Note: The screen will have a solid color fill if you use the marker or neon brush, or a translucent color fill if you use the chisel-tip brush
• Tap the eraser icon on the upper right-hand corner of the screen and select the size of the eraser using the slider on the left-hand side of the screen
• Tap or swipe on the screen where you would like to reveal the underlying image
• Once you’re happy with your image, select “Your Story” on the bottom of the screen to add it to your Stories
#12: Hide Someone’s Instagram Stories Without Unfollowing Them
Maybe you’re not feeling a certain someone’s Instagram Stories — or maybe they’re updating too often? Whatever the reason, we’ve all come across an account whose content we may not like but for some reason can’t unfollow.
Don’t worry, I have the solution — just mute their Instagram Stories!
How to do it:
• Tap and hold on the Instagram Stories avatar of the account you’d like to mute
• Select “Mute.” This moves the story to the end of the queue and prevents it from autoplaying
• To unmute, just tap and hold on the stories icon and tap
the “Unmute” option
#13: Link to Your IGTV Video from Instagram Stories to Grow Your IGTV Channel
The launch of IGTV has brought a new wave of video content to Instagram
If you’ve just set up and started posting to your IGTV Channel, you’ll want to let your followers know where to find you. And the easiest way to do that is through Instagram Stories.
Here’s how to add a link to your IGTV video from Instagram Stories:
• In Instagram Stories, select the image you would like to post — this could be a screenshot, or a still from your IGTV video
• Tap the “Link” icon on the top right-hand side of your screen and select “IGTV video” from the “Add Link” menu
• Select which video you would like to link to from your Story and tap “Done” in the top right corner of your screen
• Now your followers will be able to swipe up from that Instagram story and go to your IGTV video!
#14: Search and Find Interesting IGTV Videos
Just like Instagram posts, engaging with your community is important to build your IGTV channel. Start by tapping the IGTV icon on the top right corner of your Instagram homepage.
From here, you can search for IGTV videos in multiple ways. If you know exactly what or who you’re looking for, use the search bar in the middle of your screen to type in a username or a keyword like “travel” to find IGTV channels.
To browse IGTV, you can use the bottom half of the screen to find videos that suits you — just like the Explore Page for Instagram posts. You can swipe across any of the sections like “For You,” “Following,” and “Popular” to find trending videos or suggested videos based on your followers and engagement history.
#15: Share a Link to Your IGTV Videos
Want to share (and show off!) your IGTV videos with Instagram Direct or add it to your bio? No problem!
Here’s how to find the unique link to your IGTV videos and share them with your followers:
• Tap the IGTV icon on the top right corner of your home page
• On the right-hand side of your screen, you’ll see a circle with your profile picture
• Tap on your profile picture to be brought to your IGTV channel
• Here you’ll be able to see all your IGTV videos, tap a video to select and it will start playing
• On the bottom right corner, tap on the three dot icon and select “Copy Link”
• The link to your IGTV video has then been copied to your clipboard and you can paste it into your bio, messages or even an email to your mom!
#16: Turn Off Your “Last Active” in Direct Messages
Don’t want to let anyone know when you were last online? No problem, all you have to do is turn off your Activity Status.
Here’s how to do it:
• Tap on the “Settings” icon from your Instagram homepage
• Scroll down to “Activity Status”
• Swipe the slider button to turn off “Show Activity Status”
#17: Save an Instagram Live video
If you want to keep your Instagram Live video for the memories, or even re-purpose it for an IGTV video, it’s super easy to save Instagram Live videos to your phone.
When your Instagram Live stream ends, you’ll see a save button in the upper-right corner, just tap it and the video gets saved to your camera roll. Easy, right?
#18: Reply to Instagram Comments Faster
If you’re running a business, you could find that your followers are asking similar questions like “hey, what time do you open?” or “when will this be back in stock?” — and providing timely answers is paramount!
Well, I have a handy trick to help speed up replies to generic messages.
How to do it:
• Go to your Instagram settings and select “General” and then “Keyboard” and “Text Replacement”
• From here, you’ll see a list of pre-populated keyboard shortcuts. Click the + sign in the upper right-hand corner
• In the “Phrase” section, type the generic response you would like to create, for example: “Hi there! We’re open from 9 am to 6 pm every day. Pop in when you can!”
• In the “Shortcut” section, type a word or abbreviation that will represent that full phrase, like “IGopening”
• Now anytime you want to use that specific comment, type out your shortcut and your phone will automatically create the full phrase!
#19: Hide Old Posts from Your Feed Without Deleting Them
If you’ve been giving your Instagram aesthetic an overhaul, there might be a few posts that don’t fit in with your new theme. Luckily, you don’t have to delete them from your page, just hide them in your Archive!
How to do it:
• Tap the three dots at the top of the post you want to remove from your feed
• Select “Archive” and it will be removed from your feed
• If you want to review all your archived posts, tap the Archive icon in the top right of your Instagram profile
• If you want to restore posts to your feed, all you have to do is tap “Show on Profile” on the posts you want to show again, and it’ll show up in its original spot
#20: Replicate ‘Portrait Mode’ with Instagram’s Camera
If you’re trying to get a professional looking shot but don’t have a DSLR, there’s a quick way to improve the look of your photos.
Just switch over the Instagram’s “Focus” mode in Instagram Stories and watch as it blurs the background while keeping a person’s face sharp in the foreground. It’s the quickest and easiest way to mimic those professional photography looks!